.

Read THIS post to find out what this blog is all about. Thanks for stopping by!

.

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Week 2/52 (finally)

The picture that I would really like to share this week was never taken. It was all set up. Everyone in their places. But it didn't get taken. Here is the scene...Kelli is curled up on the couch asleep, Andrew asleep on the floor right by her, Brian is in his recliner, also asleep, and I am lying on the floor snuggled with Emily, who is, yep you guessed it, asleep....I was not asleep, but I was near sleep. Lying there, thinking man I wish I had the energy to get up, get the camera and the tripod, get the settings set, because this would be a PERFECT project52 photo opportunity. What I didn't tell you is that snuggled up with Kelli was a bowl, as well as with Andrew, and as well as with Emily. Brian and I didn't have bowls, well not cause we didn't need them, but because 3 is all I have, and well when an adult has the stomach flu, they are expected to make it to the bathroom =). Yes, all 6 of us (even Nathan, who in this scene was already feeling better, and sleeping soundly in his crib) came down with the stomach flu this past Friday. It was WRETCHED!! (pun intended) It started with Kelli. She complained about her stomach hurting, I thought she was faking, so we went to run errands anyway...sorry to the person who parked next in the space we were in at Michaels...So we came straight home, I got her settled on the couch, bowl in hand, movie playing and continued on with my day....Around 11am I started to feel a little icky, but I was thinking it was just because I was hungry and didn't get alot of sleep the previous night, because I was up with Nathan who was "spitting up more than normal" (I think I was in denial). So I got something to eat, put Emily and Nathan down for their naps and then it hit...and it hit hard, for 4 hours. I really don't remember ever being so sick in my life. I really thought I was dying, and I was praying my heart out that Brian would get home before Nathan woke up from his nap. Unfortunately, he didn't, so then my prayers turned to "Please God, don't let Nathan put something in his mouth that he will choke on while he is playing on the floor, because I cannot even lift my head to see if he is okay. Brian got home and sent me to bed, bless him! Andrew had been at a friends house all day (and yes, I did call the mom and tell her what was going on, and she said she thought it would be okay if he stayed?? And really I was thankful, as crazy as I thought she was!) Brian had given Andrew tickets for the two of them to go to a Motorcross race that night, and Brian knew that he couldn't leave me with the kids so he called his dad and asked if he would take Andrew. So Keith came and got Andrew around 6pm and off they went! Brian came and got me at 730pm, said he couldn't get Nathan to stop crying and that he couldn't deal with both him and Emily. I naively asked what's wrong with Emily? Well of course it had hit her too...so I get up, brush my teeth, go in Nathan's room and get him and head downstairs, while I am coming down the stairs the phone is ringing....guess who? It's Keith. Yep, you guessed it, Andrew tried his hardest to make it to the bathroom at the Sears Centre, but the flu bug hit to hard, right in the aisle.....So I am a little panicky now. How in the world is Brian going to take care of 5 puking people??? So I am contemplating what we need to do, and I look over and Brian to ask him a question and I can see that he is looking a little green....I said, "Babe, are you going to be sick?" And yes of course, he was. I called my parents, not sure of how we were going to manage, but certainly not wanting anyone to come into this germ palace, so asked them just to pray. And that they did. And as always, God heard and answered. I progressively felt better and was able to send Brian off to bed and deal with the kids through the night.....So like I said above, had I had the energy to get it done, I would have had the described photo, but since I am sure you understand why I don't, I choose these ones.....These are from a spontaneous sledding expedition on Tuesday of last week at a sledding hill where Brian grew up sledding! This is the first year that Kelli enjoyed herself, which made it a blast for all of us! It is also the first year that I wasn't so out of shape that I could barely make it up the hill, which made it much more enjoyable for me! =)

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my word. I did not realize it was that bad! You poor thing! lol... that is actually pretty funny to read. Even though I am sure it was not funny. Love the pics. You are lookin' hot!

Anonymous said...

Love them , still disappointnig that you didn't have any to go with your story! LOL
Mom

Mireya said...

Eeeek, sorry you guys were hit so hard with the flu, that's such an awful feeling. Cute shots, we can't wait to make it up to the snow.