.

Read THIS post to find out what this blog is all about. Thanks for stopping by!

.

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Will they wonder, "Where was mom?"

Have you ever looked back at photos and wondered, was I really there? I took 100's of photos and I am not in even ONE! It's a chronic problem with moms. I would like to say my biggest excuse is because I don't want to let my kids use my "real" camera =), but the real reason is that most days I am not what I would consider "picture ready". I am a bit embarrassed by that...but when I think about it, the main reason I don't find myself picture ready is because I have 4 beautiful children and with 4 kids, it's not always practical to be picture ready, right? Someone please tell me that's right! =) So this year I have determined to have pictoral proof for my kids, that yes, I did "attend" their life. So this first week of the new year, I am starting a new project. A project that will take a year to complete. A project that will include me. It will include me and those 4 precious "picture readiness speed bumps" who I call my babies. Please no haters 'cause I just called my kids speedbumps...I love them with all my heart! My goal for this blog is to post at least one picture each week and the only requirement is that it must include me and at least one of my children or Brian. It doesn't have to be all of me, but I have to somehow be evident in the photo. This is important to me. And I think my kids will appreciate it, even if it's not until they are older. I want them to see that I was present. Even if not picture ready. So even if no one else reads this, or you think it's a silly idea, it's okay. It's for my kids anyway....

A look back at 2009...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

If you are curious to know where I got this idea...I followed this sweet lady's project 52 last year....inspiring! I only hope I get some photos as good as hers!

4 comments:

breeze said...

That is an awesome idea! It's so true, too, it seems like us moms are always behind the camera instead of in front of it.

lily field furniture said...

I love it! Have NO pictures of me either :)

Heidi

Marinda said...

Great idea! What a beautiful family you have. Good luck on your project!

Nikki said...

you are a week behind..... I was hoping to see the first weeks picture!